As Valentine’s is now fast approaching we thought we would go in search for some handmade goodies you can whip up for that special person in your life…
- Tasty treats always go down well and we think these Edible Matches are pretty cool. Find a full tutorial over at The 36th Avenue including a free box printable for a great gift for him or her!
2. We love this Valentine’s Cork Heart from Sand & Sisal. It’s such a simple idea yet so effective and a perfect decorative gift! There is no need to become a raving alcoholic in the next few week either (unless you want to of course!) Used corks for crafting can be easily picked up on eBay from as little as £2.49!
3. Next up is a really unique, personal gift. Make up your own Love Heart Photo Display as seen on It’s Always Autumn. We think that this is a really sweet gift for your other half, it takes time and effort and lots of thought to pick the right images and arrange them in a cute Heart shape that signifies your relationship. We love it.
4. We think this ‘I Love You to Pieces’ Jar by Freebie Finding Mom is perfect for lovers of PB! Of course there are lots of other possibilities, with help from a free PDF printable of gift tags featuring corny quotes, our favourite being ‘You wormed your way into my Heart’ – this would be great to fill a jar with jelly worms – so cute!
5. Our next item from Tumblr would be perfect for a marriage proposal on Valentine’s Day (remember girls it’s a leap year!) Fill a balloon with some confetti and a cute message before boxing it up with a safety pin and leaving it for your loved one.
7. Finally – Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be right without some variety of chocolate! We’ve gone for a little twist that we think is perfect for sharing after a romantic dinner –Chocolate Dipped Strawberries. Very easy to make using fresh strawberries, melted chocolate and sprinkles of your choice, add a gift box to finish, perfect! Find the full recipe over at Foodness Gracious.